16/3/09

1 - ONE - 1

Matt is already there. So is Chris. I have been here before. Quite a few times actually. Big, white house, perfect front lawn, a huge, beuatiful tree showing off his autumn colors that still shine even when the clock struck midnight. They are maybe 10 cops and another 3 from Forensics inside the house.
I pull over and get out of the car, Matt sees me, rushes over and says:

- Its ugly you know, you might want to back off from this one. -
I act like I dont care. He knows I wont stop and whispers:

- Im sorry, I knew you were close to her-

Inside the house, the whole thing is a mess. Chris is gathering some evidence, Matt stays outside, probably puking somewhere in the middle of the street. They are signs of a fight. Hell, it looks like barroom brawl has just taken place. I go upstairs. I go to her room. Usual room for a 14 year old. A couple of pictures here and there, school books in the desk, and an open Bible in Exodus with stains of blood in it. Bed is unmade. I notice some footsteps towards the bathroom and I follow them. I open the door and there she is. She lies in the bathtub. No water in it. She looks so pale. Her eyes closed and a knife sticking out out of her stomach.

Chris walks in behind me, and I ask him:
- Does he know?
He nods and says - He is on his way here.-







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario